Dolby Vision eCMU License
About this Offering
The Dolby Vision eCMU perpetual license authorizes the software for one External Content Mapping Unit that runs on specified external hardware. The specific hardware is not included and can be purchased separately from an authorized system integrator. Please locate the Authorized CMU system integrators section here.
Please be sure that your color correction or mastering system supports Dolby Vision content creation and the eCMU before purchasing this license as there is no refund process.
A system-specific eCMU Host ID* is required to complete the purchase. If you need more than one eCMU authorization, please add multiple units to your cart and add the specific Host ID for each unit.
After the ordering process is complete, your Dolby Vision eCMU License order is subject to review which may take up to 7 business days and will be released upon compliance with all applicable laws. Please plan accordingly. Your unique Dolby Vision eCMU License will be sent directly to the email you provide with your purchase. The file is very small, so the download itself is not a lengthy process.
Tax exempt customers: please contact us prior to purchase if you have an applicable Tax Exemption Certificate. Tax Exempt orders cannot be processed via this store and refunds are not possible for taxes charged on a completed order.
The eCMU software may already be installed on your eCMU hardware (purchased from an authorized Dolby distributor) or is freely available for download on the Dolby Customer portal here. You will need to create a Dolby Customer account to access and will be able to download the most current version there.
To stay informed with upcoming technical seminars related to Dolby Vision, remember to agree to the contact checkbox during the checkout process.
*Locating the eCMU Host ID
Please boot the eCMU hardware and navigate to the Licensing tab in the Dolby eCMU software. From the Licensing tab, please copy the alphanumeric Host ID information and input when adding the eCMU License to your shopping cart. Please note the Host ID is hardware unit-specific and a unique ID must be included for each eCMU License purchase.
Terms and Conditions
- All orders are non-refundable.
- Your Dolby Vision e-CMU License order is subject to review which may take up to 7 business days and will be released upon compliance with all applicable laws.
- The License is perpetual and will be valid from the date of order.
- The Dolby Vision e-CMU license is specific to one machine and is not shareable.
- Customer will have free of charge access for three years from date of purchase to any future updates to the Dolby Vision eCMU License, if any.
- For additional terms and conditions, please visit Dolby Terms and Conditions.